I love network marketing but I love biblical truths even more. As a Christian, it’s hard for me to separate my faith from my work which is why I came up with this list of biblical truths that we can apply to network marketing. Basically my humble attempt to bring Christianity into the network marketing industry.
It is common for us to cite Jesus calling his 12 disciples as an example of building a team and also his command to “go and make disciples” as a guide in what we try to achieve – that is to have more downlines but then there’s more.
I listed 5 biblical truths that I think are highly applicable to us network marketers.
Truth #1 – A Tree and its Fruit
Verse: Luke 6:43-45
“For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit, for each tree is known by its own fruit. For figs are not gathered from thornbushes, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.”
- A network marketing company’s image is seen through its distributors.
- A team leader is known by the general actions and performance of his team.
- An honest (or dishonest) distributor is known by the type of offers he make.
Truth #2 – The Golden Rule
Verse: Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.”
- Do you want your crosslines, uplines and downlines to help you? Help them first.
- If you treat other networkers badly then they will treat you badly as well.
- If you talk behind their backs then for sure they will do the same to you and probably destroy your image in the process as well.
Truth #3 – Helping Others
Verse: Galatians 6:2
“Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
- Network marketing is all about people helping other people. The more you help, the more you succeed. Helping people is our way of life.
- A team leader must learn how to bear his team’s burdens if he wants his team to succeed.
Truth #4 – Servant of All
Verse: Mark 9:35
And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.”
- Success in network marketing is achieved by serving your team and not by bossing them around.
- True network marketing leaders think of how they can serve their team better and not how they can make more money out of them.
- The best network marketing companies serve by always innovating and trying to make things easier for their distributors.
Truth #5 – Training
Verse: Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
- A new distributor is like a child as he learns the trade.
- It is up to the sponsor to train up his new distributor and lead him to success.
- A well trained distributor will not depart from his training as he moves on to the top.
The thing I love about this list is that it shows that we can do our network marketing business and still be reminded of how to do things right straight from the good book itself.
Any other biblical truths you can think of that we can apply in network marketing? Share them in the comments section below.
God bless you, your team and your business.